Catacombs & Castles Team Mode: Choose one additional Ability card from their team (except the Querlossus).
Catacombs & Castles Boss Mode: No additional Ability cards are chosen. Abilities must still be charged up where required. Note The Gelatinous Cube hero cannot capture Castle Lords, Catacomb Lords, or Antients.
Catacombs Third Edition: Treat native abilities like standard ability cards in Catacombs Third Edition. They are used once per room and don’t have to be charged up. The following are exceptions:
- Flame Mage/Baroness – as they don’t have a standard shot sequence, there is no restriction on the use of their ordered shot sequences (turn 1, turn 2, etc.).
- Werewolf – no restriction on the use of his Transmogrify ability.
- Gelatinous Cube – no restriction on the effect of his Devour ability, but note he can only capture a single two health monster at a time. He cannot capture Castle Lords, Catacomb Lords, or Antients.
- Gelatinous Bunny – no restriction on the effect of his ability.
- Berserker Mage – his ability is always in affect.
- The Quardian – The Quardian’s ability works differently in Catacombs Third Edition. During the setup phase, the player controlling the Quardian draws one Armour token if they don’t have one already. To be clear, a player cannot stockpile multiple Armour tokens.
Yes. While it isn’t named, her ability to rotate between four different sequences is considered a unique ability. She only picks one ability card like the others.
The Querlossus is only immune to damage, he can still be moved by the Vortex, Temporal Shift, grapple/claw, and can be captured by the Web shot.
No, the whole action or sequence must be completed before Salavi’s Retaliation is used. He only gets to use it once even if the attacker hit him multiple times during their action.
Thank you for your feedback.
How can we improve this article?